- City of Wasco Community Grant – Information
- City of Wasco Community Grant – Application
- City of Wasco Community Grant – Resolution (#2019 – 3335)
- City of Wasco Community Grant – Policy
The City of Wasco is accepting applications for the Community Grant Program!
Submit all eligible applications to City Hall – 746 8th street – No later than March 12, 2020.
Emailed Copies will NOT be accepted.
Application and further information are found in the links above.
For more information or questions, contact City Hall at (661) 758-7214.
The community grant program demonstrates the City Council’s commitment to working with groups which provide beneficial programs, services or projects to our community.
- Eligible applicants may apply for up to $2,000.00 in grant funding.
- Applicants are limited to educational groups and organizations associated with schools in Wasco and non-profit organizations who are in compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. This includes I.R.S. and California Franchise Tax Board regulations governing non-profit, tax-exempt status. Applicants must be active and in good standing and submit documentation of their compliance and status. School affiliated groups and organizations must submit a letter of support by the respective principal or designee and be sponsored by the school.
- In addition to a timely and complete application, the applicant must demonstrate that the event or activity being funded by the City’s grant will satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Provides a benefit to Wasco residents
- Contributes positively to the recognition and image of the City of Wasco
- If the grant is for an event, then the event will be open to the general public and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic under state or federal law
- Grant funds will not be used for political or religious purposes
- Grant funds are not intended to replace or supplement operating funding sources but are intended to be utilized for new or enhance projects, activities, or events.
- It is expected that grant recipients will, to the maximum, extent possible, purchase funded materials and services from businesses located in Wasco
- Applicants requesting funds for public events, the applicant must maintain appropriate liability insurance in amounts approved by the City of Wasco and name the City of Wasco as an additional insured.
Ineligible uses include the purchase of tables at events, campaign contributions, religious events or payment for salaries or operational expenses. Funds cannot be used to cover an elected official’s travel, meals, or for his or her personal benefit or gain or for the personal gain of relatives as defined by City Code, or state statutes, as applicable. Funds cannot be given to an entity/agency/organization for which the elected official is a director or officer.