Finance is responsible for overseeing the financial, treasury, debt, and grant management of City funds and supporting the City Council, City Manager and Departments in providing City service to the community. The Finance Department provides financial management, oversight, monitoring and reporting functions for the City’s complex financial resources. The department accomplishes this objective by providing budgetary oversight, monitoring and preparation; purchasing and procurement expertise; accounting, treasury and financial reporting services; cashiering, accounts receivable and collections services; payroll and accounts payable services; and, utility billing and business license customer service.
- Safeguard City’s resources through establishing and maintaining a strong system of internal controls.
- Basic financial accounting and reporting activities of the City.
- Aid the City Managers Office in developing, preparing, publishing and reporting on the Annual Budget
- Develop sound financial strategies for business decisions.
- Compliance with grant requirements and other rules and regulations that could impact the City’s finances.
- Actively support the local business economy.
Mr. Dan Briney
Interim Finance Director
764 E Street
Wasco, CA 93280
Monday – Thursday
7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
Closed Every other Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
Finance overseas the following:
Licenses & Permits
Transient Occupancy Tax
Wasco Utility (Water) Bill Questions – 661-758-7230
Operating Budgets Click Here
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR) Click Here
Enforceable Obligation Payment Schedule – ROPS 18-19
Other Documents & Resources
Utilities (Water, Electric) to Set Up Services or Pay Bills
Business License Renewal Application 2020
Business License Application 2020
Hotel Occupancy Tax Report
Internal Control Policy
Senior Discount Application
Title VI Civil Rights Plan
Wasco City Cost Allocation Plan